This traditional Punjabi curry is a flavorful mixture of velvety dal in a tomato onion sauce made from one of our bestsellers- the Bhuna Masala. It is a perfect dish to have with Naans, Rotis or phulkas for an appetizing weekday meal.
- 1/3 cup soaked whole black Urad Dal
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 jar of prepared sauce
- 2 tsp of roasted cashew butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Take a pan, add oil and sautee onion, ginger and garlic till lightly golden brown. Now pour the Makhani Gravy and mix well.
2. Add the cooked urad dal into the gravy and all the dry spices. Stir well. Let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Add water if needed. Turn off the flame and mix cashew butter, sugar and liquid smoke. Serve hot with roti or naan and pickled onion.
Leave a comment: